STUDYING IN UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS
The University of Lagos was established with a primary mission to augment research in chemical, biological, and Engineering discipline at the chemistry of Lagos by providing state of the art research services to the University's faculty members and promote educational training opportunities to students and staff. The laboratory's is equipped with modern facilities and offers services of international standard to meet the demand of both industrial and academic research for scientists and the general public. The University of Lagos CRL was donated by Dr. D.K. Olukoya and offer several services such as:
- Analysis of water and waste water
- Determination of poly aromatic hydrocarbon and other volatile substances.
- Analysis of heavy metals in food, soil, water e.t.c
- Determination of Amino Acids and Fatty-Acids in sea foods and other food products
The Central Research Laboratory is open to Researchers and other interested persons to patronize and take full advantage of at very attractive rates for sample analysis offered by the laboratory.
ELIGIBILITY FOR POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA AND MASTERS PROGRAMME
An applicant for admission to a Post-Graduate Programme:
- Must possess a Bachelor’s honours degree from this University or any UNILAG Senate - approved University;
- May hold other qualification(s) recognised by UNILAG Senate; and
- In addition to (i) and (ii) above, an applicant may be required, as a condition for admission, to undergo a selection process in the form of written and/or oral examinations.
ELIGIBILITY FOR M.PHIL / PH.D. PROGRAMME
To qualify for admission to the M.Phil. programme:
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor's honours degree from this University or UNILAG Senate - approved University; with at least a Second Class (Upper Division).
- Candidates with a Master's degree with a minimum CGPA of at least 3.50.
- All candidates to the M.Phil. programmes must contact the respective departments for availability of supervisors before applying.
- The candidate may be required to undergo a selection process as determined by the respective departments.
To qualify for admission to the Ph.D. programme:
- A candidate who has obtained the degree of Master of Philosophy must have a minimum CGPA of 4.0.
- A candidate who has obtained the degree of Masters of Science must have a minimum CGPA of 4.0.
- Candidates must clear with the respective Departments as to the availability of vacancies / supervisors before applying.
- All candidates may be required to undergo a selection process as may be determined by the respective departments.
For M. Phil and Ph.D. programmes only, admission shall be processed at the beginning of each semester. All candidates for
M. Phil./Ph.D. admissions are to provide transcripts of their masters' degrees or formal evidence of performance at masters’ level. Some
departments have specific requirements for admission. Please visit the link below:
http://spgs.unilag.edu.ng/prospectivestudents.php to view the requirements for your programme of choice.
To engage the students of the University of Lagos and faculty staff in possible educational and research experiences internationally;Prospective students interested in undergraduate programmes at UNILAG should please visit: admissions.unilag.edu.ng. Further enquiries should be directed to: email@example.com or call:
+234 818 271 6045 or +234 704 621 1700.
Distance Learning Institute (DLI)
To engage the students of the University of Lagos and faculty staff in possible educational and research experiences internationally;Prospective students interested in Distance Learning programmes at UNILAG should please visit: dli.unilag.edu.ng. Further enquiries should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com or call:
01-2930910 or +234 806 672 6947.